Sunday, October 25, 2009

Visit the Brinkerhoff's


In the middle of September Jeremy and I felt
a need to go somewhere.
But where?
Jeremy suggested going to Tucson to visit
my brother Fletcher, Becca and my nephew Bjorn.
I thought that was a great idea.
Of course.
It always makes me grateful that Jeremy likes
my family.
It makes things easy because I love to hang out with
my family.
I called my brother and made sure they were going to be
there and we went Conference weekend.
We made plans to go to the
Sonoran Desert Museum.
I haven't been there since I was in 6th grade.
And to also go to Southwest Strings.
I decided to buy a new violin.
Yeah!
So here are some pictures from the museum.
Saber Tooth Cat
Could you imagine one of these?
Scary...


This is Bjorn.
He is a big boy.
I hadn't seen this guy since his blessing in February.
My brother blogs so I feel like I have seen Bjorn a lot.
Funny foxes love their blankies too!

Here kitty, kitty!
This cat looks small but definitely is not.
We enjoyed looking at all the animals.
Braelyn found it interesting.
Which makes me glad.


Jeremy and Brae


Braelyn, Bjorn, Becca and Fletcher

Becca invited Braelyn into their family picture.



Braelyn saw this unusual desert plant.
She said
"Look, that's a big spare-a-kiss (asparagus)!"
You would need a gallon of bernaise sauce to eat that thing.
It actually does look like one.
Doesn't it?




Bjorn
Stretching his legs.

I wonder when Braelyn will be too big to be riding
on Daddy's shoulders.
It's going to be a sad day.


We stopped at the snack shop for some ice cream.
Braelyn making silly faces as usual.
She is known to talk to her ice cream cones.
And cupcakes.

I love this picture.
That's my Brae.
Happy and Cheerful.


Braelyn and Bjorn.
Braelyn loves her cousin.
She had so much fun with him.
She loves babies.

So yes.
I do love birds.

Click on the picture of this hummingbird.
The colors are beautiful!
They have a hummingbird atrium.
They have feeders everywhere.
They have a few species of them there.
It's amazing how fast they are.
One about clipped my head with it's wing.
I felt the whooosh of air as it zipped by.
We had such a great time visiting.
Only bad thing is you have to leave.
Braelyn was sad to go.
She cried some tears all the way home.
She used to only want a sister now she has changed
her mind and has decided that a brother would
be funner.

2 comments:

PL Rath said...

We love the Sonoran Desert Museum. It's only a few miles from our house. Give us a call next time you're down and we'd love to join you. Take care.

Arabeth said...

Will do.