Monday, October 26, 2009

Snowflake 9th ward First Annual All-Ward Invitational Adult-Only Pinewood Derby

Our ward had an Adult only Pinewood Derby.
Super fun and funny!
Jeremy and I made a pinewood derby car.
Actually Jeremy did.
I talked to the other wives.
The men took this a bit serious.
We had an hour to make the car.


Jeremy working hard.
I tried to help but I wasn't sanding the wheels right
so I let Jeremy take over.





Dave Bowman who draws fun church books for
children decided to make a car that looked
like our insurance agent Joe Bjorn.
It was funny watching the car try to
make it's way down the track.


Here is our car.
I did draw on it.
I did contribute.


Here are all the cars.


Getting ready to race.

Jeremy just blowing hoping the car he created
would be a fast one!




Funny how men can make
something fun into something
very competitive.




We did great!
Second Place can't beat that.
Well ,
actually first would have been better.
Maybe next year!

2 comments:

Dana said...

There would be blood shed if my ward did that. My husband got really crazy last year during my son's pine wood derby, the car did really well and that only fueled the fire. He is already making plans for the next one.

Looks like you guys had a really great time! Love the "paint job".

Arabeth said...

Thanks Dana. I did work reall hard on the "paint job". Especially cause Jeremy wouldn't let me do anything else.haha

Men are funny about their cars. Lifesize or Pinewood Derby Size.