It's been chilly and a bit windy.
As I put up my fall wreath I had forgotten for a moment
where I had got it.
Then I remembered.
How time flies.
And Heals.
My Dad passed away a year ago.
I remember not wanting to leave his graveside.
All the beautiful flowers that were alive, sitting on top of his grave.
The wreath was there.
I took it.
October 8th is when he passed and I thought about
it for a moment and went on with my day
not pondering too much.
Days later.
I was sitting with Jeremy talking.
And Jeremy was looking at a scrapbook and said to Braelyn
There you are with Papa.
It was a picture of Braelyn at the foot of my Dad's
bed.
Braelyn spent many an hour there.
Braelyn liked to watch cooking shows with him.
Then it brought memories to my mind about his
last day.
It's weird how for a moment I felt those agonizing, surreal
moments again.
Then I remember how grateful I was to have a
wonderful family.
My Dad's last year really brought my family together.
Then I think h0w grateful I am to have Jeremy as my husband
and Braelyn as my daughter.
They gave sooo much to let me take care of my Dad.
It was time consuming.
They never ever complained.
It really brought me closer to my sister.
My sister Paisley taught me how to take care of my Dad.
Many times over the phone we would say to eachother
I don't know if I can do this.
There has to be someone better than
me to take care of Dad.
Then we would cheer the other on.
Laugh, cry and encourage the other.
My sister and I dealt with personal things during
that time also.
Loss of pregnancies. Infertility.
We some how managed.
The angels were with us.
The Lord was with us and carried us and I know it.
I know it...
3 comments:
you are an amazing person Arabeth!!! I had some amazing experiences while constantly being the caregiver to my granmother. it was some of the hardest things I had to do in my life but the most rewarding also. I know the first years of loosing a loved are the hardest and I truly believe time heals all things. They seem easier to remember and sweeter to hold on too!!! I hope you have a most wonderful fall!!! Love to you and your wonderful family!
Love this post. Fall is remembrance for us also. My dad died 10 years ago on the 13th. October is the month I think about him the most. How fantastic that you had a year to care for him and share that time with your family and have their support.
Thank you so much Tifani and Emrie for your comments.
Post a Comment