Tuesday, June 23, 2009

LONE BIRD

SWEETIE AND TWEETIE

I was babysitting my neighbors kids while they went out

and my friend Amy called she said

You won't believe it I have a parakeet in my laundry room

I knew right then it was my bird.

I put my birds out everyday so they can enjoy the fresh air.

It would be the last time I saw my Tweetie.

Jeremy went outside to check and the cage was knocked

over and my birds gone.

I told him Amy had Sweetie, he couldn't believe it.

What is wierd, yesterday Braelyn came

into the bathroom, I was in the shower and she said,

Mom I'm going to name our new bird Mona

and of course I say Uh huh good idea.

That was even before I put them out.

I think it is an absolute miracle that Sweetie flew over to

Amy's house and flew in with them.

Then I think wow just if the other one would come home.

Then I remember it's a miracle that I got even one back.

Thankyou Merrill's!

2 comments:

Amy merrill said...

That was a miracle. glad we could be the ones to save him. He was so cute. Now my kids are convinced we are getting parakeets too. Love ya.

smilingsarahbear said...

That's such a sweet story. I love how you and Jeremy are such animal lovers! And I want to say good luck on your adoption journey. I know there's a little angel just waiting for you. I have 2 adopted brothers and my dad was adopted so adoption is very near and dear to my heart. So I wish you all the best. Love you guys!