Today is the 1st anniversary of my very last pregnancy.
I remember waking up after surgery and
being told again I would not be able to have any more children.
I remember at that point not crying just slight acceptance.
Then back to sleep I went.
Jeremy was with me .
As he always is.
I woke again and Jeremy holding my hand,
told me again just to
make sure I understood and was aware.
Jeremy would leave and take care of Braelyn and
I would sit there and think WHY?
I would say I was definitely bitter.
Then I would go to the,
If maybe I would have not done this or maybe if I
would have done that.
Maybe just Maybe this pregnancy would have worked.
I did it with all the other pregnancies.
Blaming myself.
It took me months to sift through
all the emotions.
Still today I catch myself.
I also think when I got home from the hospital that it was also
the last time my Dad was half way healthy before passing away
just 3 months later.
I would have to say it has been by far the hardest, the
most emotionally challenging and spiritually challenging
year of my life.
Months after that happened,
Braelyn said in a random comment,
"Remember Mommy when you died?"
Let me tell you I did feel like a part of me died that day.
But now it is the end of sadness and the beginning of a new life.
Going through the adoption process has brought up
a lot of emotion and sadness but has left me
feeling more healed and full of HOPE.
We are completely done with the adoption paperwork,
homestudyand interviews
as of today and
now are awaiting our certification.
We are so excited.
I can't believe we are now
here at this point.
It's amazing.....
What a year of time can do...
4 comments:
Arabeth,
You are my older sister, my best friend, someone I look to and call first when something silly has happened or something horrific. I cannot imagaine a life with out you! You are so strong and have heavy trials, but you are stronger then any trial. I love you so much! I am so happy for your family! You have a great one! Your soon to be child is by far one of the luckiest! Love you Abba!
I remember my arms aching to hold the child that was missing! I wish I could take away your pain and the yearning I know you have! I’m praying for you! If ever I can help with adoption question please let me know! On my profile I have my E-mail listed.
I can't believe it's already been a year. I'm glad that road ahead is an exciting one. The child you guys adopt will be so lucky to be part of your family!
You are so strong. To be able to move forward after all you've been through and complete the whole mess of adoption stuff w/in a year shows what an amazing woman you are.
Post a Comment