Wednesday, October 15, 2008
My Dad
My Dad passed away last Wednesday. What a life experience. Unforgettable. It was harder than I thought it would be. It was good though. I miss him greatly, but I feel so happy that he is free from his body. What a relief. My Dad was such a great father. Words cannot fully express the love I feel for him. He never missed anything in our lives. He was always there for any event. He always gave the best advice, he never told us how to live our lives. He was a father of encouragement and unconditional love. He taught us so much through example. I have never been to a funeral where I felt uplifted afterward. It was wonderful to hear laughter and to hear people's associations and things that he taught them or how he helped them in their lives. He loved people and people loved him. I will miss listening to the Beatles together, watching U of A sports together, watching him cook and enjoying the food. I will miss seeing him drive around in his work truck with his window down and his arm hanging out. I will miss seeing him work . He was a hard worker. I will miss his hugs. I just miss his voice and I cant wait to hear him speak again. So many things I miss. I have always been so proud of my Dad. I am so grateful that I will see him again. I love you Dad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh Arabeth,
I was so sad to hear that your Dad passed away. I didn't see it in the paper in time or I would have come to the funeral. It would have been nice to see you and offer you a hug. The things you said about your father are the same things I think about my Dad. In some ways they were so similar. They loved to cook for other people and both owned construction companys. I always thought they kind of resembled each other (round around the middle).
Don't let his memory or legacy die. Keep telling stories and looking at pictures.
Love,
Dana
Arabth,
I am sorry to hear about your Dad. He sounds so amazing. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Its so nice to know with out a doubt we will see them again!
Love,
Lindy
Arabeth...you are such an AMAZING person. I have thought that ever since I met you! Your Dad was so blessed to have you by his side taking care of him in the last chapter of his life on earth. What a wonderful legacy he has left behind!
Arabeth~
What GREAT memories you have of your Dad, what an awesome thing that is, keep telling Braelynn all of the stories about him and that will keep him close to you and her! Im sure he is so grateful to you and Jeremy for having him in your home and taking care of him in the end, Im sure that brought you and your Dad even closer together then you were before, even though those arent the most pleasant memories that you have of him (to watch him suffer) they will be special to you as time goes on just the same! Im sure things are tough right now but hang in there and stay strong~and what an awesome husband you have to be so loving and patient while your dad lived with you guys!! We think you and Jeremy are such amazing people, and are so glad we have gotten to know you guys better!
Love ya!
Wendy
What a wonderful man! He reminds me a lot of my dad; very hard workers. He gets to rest, now, though :)
We love you so much!
Hi, Arabeth!
What an amazing post! It brought back so many wonderful memories that I have of your dad - how he was always there at our YW softball games and our tennis matches...the apple cider at the Brinkerhoffs after the annual YM/YW Christmas caroling...the incredible dinner he made for us before Fall Formal (ANYTHING he ever made was incredible!)...Girls' Camp... Your description of him in his truck made me smile. I'll never forget that. You have a wonderful, wonderful dad. I'm just so sorry that he wasn't able to be with you longer, but I too feel a sense of relief and peace when those who have been suffering as he did are able to move on and leave the pains of mortality behind. Not that that makes it all better for you...
You are also a wonderful and amazing person. You've always been so strong and I so admire you, particularly your love for others and the sacrifices you've made. I feel so blessed to be one of your friends.
I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it to the funeral either. My parents told me it was a beautiful ceremony and that they were able to talk to you afterward. I'm glad my dad passed on your blog address. My email address is still the same when you're feeling up to it: eccetante@hotmail.com.
Much love,
Wendy
hey arabeth it was so great to talk to you and to up date eachother about eachothers lives. your dad always treates me as part of the family.he had a warm and loving smile. i did a blog its deann- heartfullofheaths.blogspot.com i just started so bear with me ! lol take care and love you
deann
Post a Comment