Our theme this year for Young Women in Excellence was Go for the GOLD.
I loved the idea.
I thought it was fun and different than the usual reverent spiritual event.
I think the girls would agree. I hope so anyways.
Our YW leader started the evening with a quick talk and then we started our events.
The Artist David Bowman quickly drew this up and it was so cute. There was another one that said "Hottest is MODEST."
Here the girls were blindfolded as they put the modest clothing on with the guidance of their parents. That was under the value VIRTUE.
Everyone had their own flags with the color of their value and their names.
I felt so blessed went to visit my sister and went to Hobby Lobby and everything I purchased was 50% off.
Above we had a FAITH FALL and obviously that fell under Faith.
Had a competition between YW and parents to nail in nails. Can't remember what value that came under.
CHOICE and Accountability .
Ty chose a beet to eat. She barely got it down and it took some major mind over matter to do it.
There was food covered. The girls chose and they were accountable and had to eat it.
Knowledge ( Memory Game)
A variety of green things that you can look at then were covered and you had to try to remember and then name them.
The girls sang and then the Bishop talked and shared a video.
Then after all the events before we listened to the bishop the girls came back to sit down and they recieved a GOLD medal. I lovingly made every single one. :) I stayed up the night before til 12 and I went to wash my face and I looked in the mirror I was covered in glitter and glitter found it's way between my teeth.
And here is the invitation I created.
I LOVE making stuff.














No comments:
Post a Comment