Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 93 COURAGEOUS





This is my DEAR friend Angie and her beautiful family. About a year ago Angie had asked me to shoot their family pictures. Angie at that time was fighting breast cancer. She felt the importance of a new family picture because they hadn't had one in years. So as I kept asking to take her family photo she wanted to wait til she was feeling more up to it physically. Then Angie found out she was terminal and said we needed to do it as soon as possible. Do you know how much pressure that is to take a family photo under those circumstances? I prayed and even offered other people's names that could do it and probably better than me. Actually I'm pretty sure better than me. But she wouldn't settle for that. She was adament about. I prayed and between her not feeling good and the terrible wind up here in the spring we were pressured for time.
Finally though we got our day and I prayed sooo hard that she would feel good and that I would be able to do this. As we were taking pictures of her and her family I couldnt help but think Families ARE Forever and then also why has this family been chosen to go through this. Angie is such a wonderful wife, Mom, sister and to me a very dear and loyal friend that tells you how it is and I could always go to her and know I was getting an honest answer. As I was taking pictures of the kids and they were laying their heads on her lap I asked them if they could describe their Mom in one word what would it be. Little Treavor's answer was simple "Nice". But then together Ashley and Treavor started to naming off words that described their Mom They just couldn't stop. Because their Mom couldn't be summed up in one word because she means the world to them. But one word that stuck out was COURAGEOUS. Have you ever met anyone that was 100% courageous. That is sincerely and truly courageous. I have and her name is Anjanette Allen. She passed away June 30th and I was selfish a bit and wanted to be with her everyday. She couldn't keep me away. And I was able to say goodbye the night before and tell her I loved her. If you have ever have seen someone that has began that last chapter of their life it is an awe inspiring one. It is endurance to the end... it IS COURAGE. It is faith and it is faith and courage for all those around them. Now Angie is free from her earthly body. But very much missed. She would probably tell me not to cry or boo hoo anymore. I'm so grateful to have known and serve with her. So grateful for this Plan of Happiness. It doesn't always feel happy. But i'm grateful for the knowledge we have.
 This post all started this morning when I was running. There was a breeze that I felt on my face and right at that moment I remembered talking to her at her kitchen table and she said, " All I want to do right now is run, run as fast I can and feel the breeze on my face." I didn't cry then but I began to cry today. I know she can do anything now. She is free. Such simple things we take for granted. Her family and her have been such great examples of courage. I love them.  Families Can Be Together Forever.

2 comments:

Treavor said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings - as well as your experiences with my wife. You are a wonderful friend, and your cheerfulness and strength were so therapeutic for Angie!

Arabeth said...

It wasn't hard when there was soo much love, cheerfulness and strength already abiding there. :)