Friday, February 5, 2010

Terrible MOM

I felt like a terrible mom yesterday.
I mean really terrible mom.
Maybe some of you can relate.

I sat down on a chair and before I knew it I had fallen asleep.
I awoke to see that it was 2:25.
School got out at 2:20.
By the time I got there it was 2:35.
Brae and her teacher  were all that was left.
I totally wanted to cry.
I apologized profusely to her teacher.
Still words didn't seem to make a difference.
Brae cried and said I was worried about you Mom.

Now I know why when I was a kid my Mom would pick me up
and be crying.
I would be the last kid out there.
She would just feel so bad and I would say that it wasnt a big deal.
Brae said to me to stop saying sorry
that it was ok which made me feel even worse.
I'm still feeling bad about it today...
When things like that happen I always question myself
as a mom, a wife, a friend.
I feel incompetent.
Then I have to remember that I made a mistake and that
I am allowed to make those every once in awhile.

3 comments:

Dana said...

(((HUG))) You're not an awful Mom. It happens to the best of us. Thankfully our kids have short memories and don't remember many of our mistakes.

Tifani said...

I have done the exact same thing dear!!! and you are NOT a terrible mom!
Come over to my blog to see why I need your vote! love ya tons and keep your head held Hi!!! You are awesome

Wendy said...

You are one of the BEST, most loving moms out there! Hope you are feeling better about it.