Friday, April 25, 2008
Thank goodness for dead FISH!
You are probably wondering why I would say thank goodness for dead fish. Braelyn in sunbeams received a goldfish when they learned how God created fish. So this has been quite fun for Braelyn. Well the fish she received died so she asked where it was going when I took it out of the tank and I told her down the toilet. She flipped out and said no please don't flush my fish. So I said OK. So she asked where are you going to take the fish again. I knew she probably would get upset if she knew I was going to put it in the trash so I told her that the fish would be going to heaven. She repeated what I said. Heaven? She asked is that a person or a place? I said place. She still seemed confused and seemed not to get it. Well anyways we bought more little goldies and since then another has died today. So she saw it this morning floating and she woke me up and said" Mommy another fish needs to go to heaven will you take it there" So I said yes well I went into the bathroom and she asked again "Are you taking the fish to Heaven or Kevin? " Igot a little frustrated and I said a little short. " HEAVEN, not Kevin" I said "Do you know Heavenly Father?" and she said " yes Jesus' daddy" I said "Heaven is where they live". She FINALLY got it. Eventhough I have explained it hundred of times she GOT it. I am learning now that Braelyn needs to experience things to understand them so thank goodness for dead fish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are such an awesome Mom! And that's awesome you you got that opportunity to teach Braelynn. Sorry about the fish, though. We bought some for Julia, and ours dies, too. Who knew fish were so fragile?
Post a Comment