Sunday, March 21, 2010

MIA

I know I have been gone from my blog for a couple weeks.
No wednesday weigh -ins.
I know you have been missing that.
Maybe, maybe not.
A couple weeks ago my Mom got
a colonscopy.
Well they found that she had a mass and that
it looked to be cancer.
Not good news.

So my Mom scheduled the surgery that following Friday.
Then they told her they also found a
nodule on her lung.
I'm thinking are you for real.
That was really really stressful.

So
She would have the surgery and then I would
pick her from the hospital and take care of her there
at her home. 
Then I talked her into coming back home
with me to Snowflake.
So that's what we did.
Good news then came.
The part they removed ended up not being
cancer. And because it wasn't cancer they are
postitve that her lung nodule is also not cancer.
So great news.
But let me tell you it's been stressful
I got to the hospital just in time to say good luck
and told her I loved her.
When my Dad had surgery for prostate cancer.
He went in pretty normal and came out having
had a major stroke and was never ever the same.
He couldn't speak and conversate from that moment on.
So I felt  that I had to absolutely talk to her before surgery.
The surgery went well and now she is up here with
me recovering.
Except when Jeremy or I make her laugh then it's not so
good.
But anyways my Wedensday Weigh-In will be
back next week.
SCARY!
To say the least.
 I've been GRAZING like a COW.
No lyin.
So I'm really scared to see how bad it is.
Just warning you don't be too disappointed.


2 comments:

Tifani said...

I am so glad that everything is good with your mom we will keep you guys in our prayers!!! and don't worry about the scale sista!!! Hang in there sweetie!!!!

Paradise Found said...

Oh man. I'm sorry your mom and family are having to go through so many scares! Glad tests have been negative so far. Isn't it sad how stress affects our health and eating habits. Give yourself a break and take care of your mom. I'm sure she appreciates it :)