Sunday, January 25, 2009

First Packet

I know you are probably wondering what that means.
YES...
It means that we are getting started on our first packet of papers to begin our search for an addition to our family.
I called Church Services to begin our journey into ADOPTION. I am also lucky to have a member of our bishopric in our ward who is over Family Services here.
I have felt so strongly about this since when I had my 2nd of 6 miscarriages.
Looking back now I know there were more but those 6 are the ones
overseen by a DR.
I literally had just miscarried and my first Sunday back to church after so Bro. Frasier was giving a presentation at church about Adoption.
He talked about it and gave information. People shared their experiences. It struck me so strongly. Jeremy and I knew at that point we were in the future would be adopting.
But of course in our mind we were first going to try on our own to have a child.
But my last pregnancy when I was in the Emergency Room, the Dr. came in and said
" Well Arabeth, You will not be able to have any more children."
So many feelings passed through me.
First, this could have been prevented.
Second, relief that the choice of having a child of our own has been taken from us and now we can concentrate on adopting.
I think the Lord probably knew I would have tried for ever to have a successful pregnancy.
Things happen for a reason...
Now to my next thought.
I have a new friend Emrie that I have met through my friend Kassidi.
What is wierd is Emrie and I were in the same ward in Chandler and I never spoke to her but saw her at church. Since then she has adopted two children.
We have been emailing and at the end of her email she said
"What is holding you back?".
I thought what am I waiting for, what is holding me back from doing this?
Fear that my hopes will be crushed again?
Will it be financially possible for us?
Will the baby grow up and love our family?
All of these things have ran through my mind.
But I know that there will be possible heartbreaks and tears and it will be an emotional roller coaster. But I know it will be worth it...

2 comments:

LaurieO said...

Your post brought me to tears, Aribeth. I have gone through so many of the same experiences when it comes to having children and I know how difficult it is. I have felt so many of the same feelings you described. I know things happen for a reason but sometimes it still is hard for me to understand why life happens the way it does. I am so happy you have the opportunity to adopt. Your sweet new child will be soooo lucky to have parents like you and Jeremy. I am sure you are right that it will be a "roller coaster" of emotions, but you KNOW it is right and it will be so WORTH it!! Good Luck....

Paradise Found said...

Hey! So glad you've taken the plunge and I could be just a little part of it :) And I'm so glad you didn't think me too pushy :) I love adoption and love when I can share my excitement with others. You're in my prayers!