Friday, November 14, 2008

Learning to play the VIOLIN

I have begun teaching Braelyn Suzuki Violin.

I am super excited about it. She is excited too!

She can't wait to get her real violin.




This is actually my little violin I started on. I rewraped it in new paper.

It is my original Grape Nuts box.

As the child gets used to the weight of the cereal box,

you add a couple of rocks to make it a bit heavier.

Gradually building up to the weight of a 1/10 or 1/16 size violin.

When Braelyn can hold her polka dot violin with her chin and

take good care of it, she gets her REAL violin.

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN LESSONS LET ME KNOW.

My goal is to get enough children together for private and group lessons.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Man, if we lived closer, I would be all over that offer...in a few years...

Amalee said...

Wow! Hi, it's me, Amy, your long lost cousin. :)

Jeremy! How the heck are you? You look like such an awesome dad carving pumpkins with your little girl. And those are darn cute pumpkins.

Arabeth, I was sorry to hear about your dad. I didn't know him, but he sounds incredible. It will be wonderful to see him again. I am truly thankful for the gospel and the knowledge and peace it gives us!

Braelyn, Hi! That is so cool that you are learning the violin! We just started Aryn (8) in violin too! We are a long way away from the Suzuki method, though. :)And she doesn't get a cool polka dot violin, like you! Wow!

It was good to come across your blog and know that you are doing well. I love you guys and hope you don't mind me commenting univited-like on your blog. Jeremy, I hope your Mom and your Dad are doing well. I've not kept up on everyone like I should. Sorry. :( Love you all again,

Amy

Jeppesen Family said...

That's so awesome! I played the violin in junior high, but I forgot so much. I'm so glad you're starting her early. And what a good idea to teach lessons!

Wendy said...

Hey Arabeth!

Tess just started this year at school with violin lessons~are you going to teach kids her age or just little ones with the suzuki method? How much would Jaxon be? Do you think he can sit still long enough to learn it?????