Wednesday, July 16, 2008

THE WORST WEEK EVER IN THE BRIMHALL HOUSE

Braelyn has officially joined the stitch club. She got 6 stitches! We call them her whiskers. They look like whiskers and she tickles them like they are. She is one tough little girl!

She got hurt while I was recooperating from surgery. I had a bad feeling about her going and ignored it because I thought I was overreacting and plus I felt miserable. So 30 minutes after they picked her up Jeremy called me and asked who Brae's Dr. . And I said "WHY???" He told me she fell off the scooter that someone was giving her a ride on. She fell so hard that she chipped both back molars on both sides.
Jeremy met them at the Dr.'s. She was screaming and was in so much pain and screaming Daddy Daddy. He had to hold her down during the stitches. Jeremy couldn't handle it anymore. He threw up all over the Dr's. office. Not because of the blood (he watched the Dr do my c-section with Brae) because he couldn't stand her suffering anymore and it made him sick. when they got home both had a look of such sadness.
But what made this worse, this happened on July 7th monday. The previous Wednesday july 2nd. I got very sick in the evening. I have never felt so terrible. I thought first it was food poisoning. It was just the beginning. I was vomiting and could not stop and then the pain in my abdomen began from my shoulders down. Then Jeremy came home I told him something was wrong that I thought i needed to go to the hospital. He fed my Dad and Brae and I began to get sicker and sicker. Then everytime he tried to move me I would immediately he said turn white and pass out. So I had to throw up so he dragged me into the bathroom and try to hold me up to throw up. My poor husband. Then at that point I was having pain just to breathe. So I told Jeremy to get a blanket so he could drag me to the car. He didnt want to do this but I pleaded for him to so thats what he did got a blanket dragged me to the car.
Got to the hospital find out I had an ectopic pregnancy. Dr. came in said we couldn't wait til morning for surgery I was internally bleeding which explained why I was having trouble breathing cause my cavity had filled with blood up to my diaphram.
Surgery began. Dr. said 45 mins tops. Well Jeremy began to get worried about 1 1/2 hrs in when his Mom told him the Dr accidentally punctured my bladder twice and it was leaking into my abdomen. So at that point they were in laprascopically, now he had to open me completely up. Took another 2 1/2 hrs to fix my bladder and drain the blood and clean me out. 4 hrs total.
I wake up later from surgery told they couldnt repair the ruptured fallopian tube and the Dr punctured my bladder and I will never be able to have another child. Can I say devastated. That is what I felt.I was exhausted, in pain and sad.
My heart was beating uncomfortably rapidly anywhere between 125 and 145 bpm that first day thursday. They realized I needed a blood transfusion on Friday . After reading all the precautions I said I didnt want one. The nurse said it would probably take 2 weeks just to be able to walk and a month or more to build that much blood that was lost. So transfusion it is . I needed four bags but they thought three would do. It made a huge difference. I was in the hospital from wed through Sat. Sent home with a catheter to help my bladder heal. I think at this point I cannot take it anymore.
I was grateful my mom and brother Taz and his wife Halie came up to take care of my Dad and clean my house and take care of Brae so Jeremy could help me at the hospital. They left Sunday then Braelyn gets hurt MOnday. My poor husband taking care of his girls. He is the best husband. He would drive 1 1/2 hrs to work at 4 am then get his guys started and drive home to take care of us and drive back to pick up his guys 6 hrs of driving then come home; clean ,do laundry, dishes, bathe Brae, clean up vomit and go to bed. Braelyn was sick vomiting and couldnt eat which made her sicker.
Looking back now I am grateful to be alive. Before going to the hospital, I was laying on the tile in our laundry room gaining some strength before getting in the car and I told Jeremy " I feel like I am dying" little did I know I was slowly.
So that has been our week and I am glad its over. Thank goodness for the sisters in my ward. They took care of us. And my mom in law and her daughter Vanessa came and took care of Brae for the week. We are going to begin looking seriously into adoption so wish us luck!

4 comments:

smilingsarahbear said...

Oh man! I'm praying for you guys. I can't imagine how devastating that must be for you guys but how awesome that you have the gospel and Atonement to rely on. I don't know how people without the gospel can make it with trials like these. I have 2 adopted brothers and my dad was adopted so I'm a HUGE fan of adoption. Just have faith and know that He will take care of you. Love you guys!

Adam said...

Wow, what a week. Glad you guys are recovering. I must admit, I chuckled when you described Jeremy blowing chunks in the Dr's office. Casey Ann felt bad for him though. Hope you guys feel better.

Jeppesen Family said...

I'm so sorry for all that! Call me when you get a chance and things have calmed down, although if you havn't called me by your birthday, I'll be calling you anyway :)
ps, That girl in our ward just adopted her second baby last week. You should check out thier blog. Lukemrie.blogspot.com She could probably give you some advice on adopting. I love you guys!

Logan & Lindy said...

Oh man! That is so hard. I am so sorry you guys have to go through all of this. We will keep you guys in our thoughts are prayers.